Sunday, March 4, 2007

Surprise Surprise

Today we had a surprise visitor, my mana!!! She came downstairs just when Ryan had finished cutting through a piece of wood and to her it looked like he was coming to knock her out. He wasn't. Really!
So today we spent our time fixing all the leaks in the basement.
Since it's 12:30 am on a work night I will let the pictures do the explaining!

So here is our surprise visitor, my granny. She usually has her eyes closed in every picture, not something she tries to do, it's just like some super unnatural power!

Did you ever wish you could take a garden hose and just spray it all over your basement walls?! Well I never thought I would get that chance but supposedly you have to clean the brick before putting mortar onto it so I got my chance!

Ryan got the lovely job of cleaning up all the excess water! This bucket comes in very handy!


You have now witnessed me putting mortar onto the walls for the first time in my life! Ryan says I'm a natural and that I did a great job!

So after we patched all the holes with mortar, we went and had dinner to let the cement dry and then we came back to start the painting! Painting already? Yup! Painting with cement. It's fun, everyone should try it. Ryan brought some dust pan brooms and we used them to apply a pasty cement all over the walls (The small dust pan brush worked amazingly well and cleaned up well too so we still have two usable brushes) this will hopefully address all the small cracks that may have water leaking through. I don't know if it worked, I'll let you know at a later date.

Here I am painting! Do you see the "inspector" in the background? Yes, this inspector had to be bathed in the laundry room sink...again! He does love the cement!


Doesn't the basement look cool in the beautiful grey tone?! It's different!

And here is my partner in crime, happy that we are done for the evening and that there is no snow outside waiting for him to start a 2am shift!

Well, I'm almost going to start a 2am shift so I'd better get to sleep now! Do you see a pattern happening here?!

No comments: