Saturday, March 3, 2007

Exhausted

I'm exhausted. Today Ryan and I got out of the house for about 9am and headed to Rona (surprise surprise). We had to pick up some cement for the "ceement pond"! Ok, not the pond but with all the leaks we found in our walls our basement is about to resemble a pond!

Anyway, so today's progress began when Ryan and I carried a few more furniture items to the main level for storage. Once the furniture was moved I was able to take off the strapping on the rest of the wall. As I was removing the strapping I noticed that we have more water leaking in under the stairs. At that point we still had a nice built in under the stairs for storage. Well, I demolished that nice built in but it was actually a good thing, I found out that the wall was built out more than it needed to. So instead of building the wall where it was we are going to be able to give the in-law suite a little extra room!

While I was demolishing things, Ryan was finishing things by filling in the trench with the cement mix that we bought earlier in the morning.

And later on I turned to using a steel brush on the entire outer wall. By scraping all the mineral deposits off the wall and the old sealer we will be able to get a better seal when we cover it with concrete paste. It's not a fun job but I had had enough of demolishing.

Ok, I'm very tired and I am sure I have more to share but I need to get to bed. Another long day tomorrow, sorry later on today.

Sorry, no news about Chance. We locked him upstairs. After our last wet cement incident we decided it would be safer for Chance to inspect tomorrow!

Ryan a trowelling away!

The built in after I started demolishing it a bit.


Further demolished

Action Shot: Me scraping the wall. Very tiring work considering the size of the wall and the size of the brush.

See the brush?

Ryan done trowelling.

No comments: