Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My Car and the Cold

What about my car and the cold? It doesn't like it. I was made quiet clear of this fact on my drive into work this morning when my car didn't want to accelerate or change gears. It was a fun ride, thank goodness the 401 is like a parking lot.

So tonight I had a night off, well kind of. I hung out with my friend tonight and as soon as I got home (10:15pm) I put on my work clothes and headed into the basement. I decided to do a light job tonight, pulling nails from the ceiling. I pulled out approx. 90% of the nails which works out to be approximately 1000 nails. About an hour and a half worth of quality basement time. Now my really sore forearms and I are upstairs updating the blog.

Sorry, no pictures tonight. Nothing really exciting happened and I would rather catch a few extra winks instead of posting a picture of nails.

For Ryan's update I'll let him fill you in.

Visually, not an interesting day. I laminated 6"x48" strips of 5/8" OSB to the floor joists in an attempt to reduce the trampoline effect in the kitchen. The house was built with 2x8's for floor joists.

Then, I got to try and understand the cobbled-up wiring in the side hall, basement exterior power outlets...

I decided to redo most of it to meet code. some wires were the old style two-wire lines with no ground wire. It's a good thing I bought a 150 metre spool of 14/2 wire. I'll need a lot of it!

So, tomorrow will be spent wiring and plumbing and maybe some ductwork, too.

We'll see how motivated I am. Better make a full pot of coffee!

No comments: