Thursday, March 1, 2007

4.5 hours

4.5 hours. That's how long it took me to get home tonight. I left work early too, around 2pm and got home just after 6:30 pm. Did I feel like working in the basement? No. Did I? Yes. I get nervous if I don't do any work in the basement after my other work during the day. So tonight I took it easy and tore off strips of strapping off the wall and I added dirt into the trench and stamped it and I disassembled the back mirror which was actually built into the wall.

Today Ryan finished all the plumbing and started to fill part of the trench. Then tonight he built a frame around the bathtub drain so that it wouldn't be filled with concrete. It needs to be accessible for when we install the bathtub.

The coolest thing, the mirror that we took out had the receipt attached to the back. So now we can confirm that the house was at least built in 1957 and we also know that a 36"x60" mirror cost $4.35!

I also punched a small hole into the ceiling. I can't wait to start pulling that down!

Now I am tired, Ryan is sleeping (he has to go to work for 2:30am after working in the basement all day) and the pictures took over an hour to load...again!

Enjoy and I hope everyone has a safe drive today. Goodness knows I saw a tonne of accidents.

Ryan filling in more of the trench.

Our specialty framed in block wall!!!

The receipt for our 1957 mirror.

The result of my impatience! Poor ceiling.

No comments: