Sunday, February 18, 2007

Ryan Comes Out of the Woodwork!

Ryan here,

Well, I've finally dragged myself out of the technological basement and I'm making my first blog entry! Today became a banner day for me because we manged to clear out the basement enough to allow for me to start rippin' stuff apart! It isn't empty, but close enough for the girl I go out with...

Tomorrow will be fun, because I'll be using a jack-hammer to trench the floor for the sewer plumbing. Gotta love using a jack-hammer... loud, messy and it breaks concrete! I really hope that waste disposal subsidy comes in the e-mail tomorrow. I'm gonna need it! Our driveway is filling up quick with scrap lumber and those tacky veneer panels.

oh, I found out why the side hallway was so cold, it is insulated with paint. I think it may be warmer only because the is no windchill! These old houses are sturdy but, not insulated well at all. I'll laminate the exterior walls with 3/4" Styrofoam panels then drywall it. that should help the comfort and lower the gas bill. That will be interesting to see just how much of a difference the insulation in the basement, and where ever else, has on our Enbridge bill!

Ok, now it's my turn! Kristina here,

Sorry for the few days of no posts, Friday I was sick with a crippling headache and was in bed all day and then Saturday I worked overtime selling the message of "Peel Approved" 4.8 or 6 litre toilets. "Peel Approved" meaning that the toilet has been tested to make sure it has enough power to flush the average amount of human waste down the toilet. And with our working display I was able to flush "makeshift" waste down a 6 litre toilet to prove that they work without having to flush twice. Ok, so now that you know about toilets....

Anyway, so when I got home from work, Ryan and I starting packing the basement until we got sick of packing. Then instead of packing we decided to do some demolition. The subject of our demolition was the bar. The bar was built in the other opening to the other side of the basement so once we tore that out, viola, another entrance! Then after that we packed up for the night and the last thing I felt like doing was going onto the computer.

So today, Sunday, Ryan and I moved the rest of the items in the in-law suite to storage. It took almost all day but it's done. The only things left are some of my granny's stuff, furniture that we will store on the main level, metal to be sorted, garbage to be thrown out and kitchen cabinets waiting for a place to call home. Ok, so that still sounds like a lot but not compared to what we had down there this morning or a week ago! Oh right, and Ryan proceeded with more demolition. Sorry Sabrina, you'd better get here quick! Sabrina loves demolition! Who doesn't I guess!

So once my battery re-charges I will download a bunch of new and interesting pictures for you to enjoy!

So tired.

Sorry, we are having problems up-loading our pictures and will do it another time besides 12am!

No comments: