Friday, July 27, 2007

Treasure!!!

Today has been filled with lots of work and an exciting finds! Let's start with Ryan, today he insulated the hallway with Styrofoam, installed the kitchen cabinets and the fan for the stove (which we will someday buy!), drywalled and insulated the bathroom and did a little bit of plumbing.
I continued my work in the back room. I sorted through a bunch of junk, took apart half of the work bench (which was built like a tank and could have withstood any war. Unfortunately for the bench it could not withstand the wrath of Kristina accompanied by a good crow bar, hammer and sledge hammer!) and took off the back splash, if you can call it that!
Then Ryan and I drove to the dump twice to dispose of our waste and recycling.
What an exciting day!
But wait, I forgot to tell you about the treasure! Oh the suspense! Unfortunately it wasn't money.
Awww :(
But it was a really cool picture probably from the 1960's with a woman who had caught a big fish. I'll attach the picture, but I found it under one of the back splash cardboard type tiles which was covering a section of the rafters! I love a good find. Everything else I've been finding is bugs, cobwebs and mineral deposits, oohh how exciting!


The cupboards are going up! It's shocking to see something on the wall!

And look, there is wall board behind the tub!!! And currently the left side of the wall has been boarded and insulated!

Here goes the styrafoam...


Down the steps...
And into the hallway!!
Now here is my project.
I was actually able to get rid of stuff rather than just placing it in another area of the basement.
See how I took off that nasty backdrop?
And here is the treasure! Cool eh?!
Ryan said he is going to put it into his shadow box of very old lures!
And here is where I found it.

Look! No workbench, well, half of it is gone!

No comments: