Friday, April 6, 2007

The Expert is in the House!

April 6th...

So the expert, my dad and his finance Cindy, came out to lend us a hand!

My dad who owns his own construction company, LAAR Developments Ltd. had a minute to help out his dear, wonderful daughter, that's me, and Ryan, in the basement.

So my dad and Ryan were in charge of anything that needed technical and experienced work while Cindy and I did all the grunt work.

The in-law suite bathroom ceiling and most of the walls were finished with drywall. The alcove in the spa area was being finished off. Cindy and I laid out all the kitchen cabinets to see which ones we would need and then brought the rest into the backyard.

Lot's of things were done, and things were moving fast! Much faster than the two of us could ever do.

It was a good time and it sure was nice working with my Dad again. We are great working buddies! It's like old times when I used to work on the construction sites with him, except now he was working for me!!!!! He's going to disagree with that last statement but we all know the truth...

Then the rest of the weekend we took off and slept and ate CHOCOLATE and slept a bit more and ate a bit more CHOCOLATE.

Now, my sister Kat just moved in with us and we have been concentrating to grocery shopping and making room for her stuff. She's already agreed to be our new chef. She says she would like to learn how to cook instead of coming home from work and doing hard labour! Ryan and I don't mind a bit, she's made two dinners and she's a great "learning how to cook" cook.

So now we are all caught up, well mostly. I'll let Ryan write a bit about what he's done...

The Expert?

Le Cuisine!

Covert Inspector Chance!

Nothing can escape the steely gaze of Inspector Chance!

La Salle de Bain! It's green!


Making headway in the spa area!



This job definately needed some extra hands!


Nice! Ready for tape and putty!


There isn't much to show you until all the tape and putty is done. I've also been fitting the french doors and frame in the Spa side. They needed the hinges to be mortised and stuff so it's a little more trouble.

Oh, and I connected some more plumbing. Fun.

Until next time, ciao.

No comments: